I was at Sam's Club the other day and they were giving out samples of a pre-made frozen Parmesan tilapia dinner and it was surprisingly good! I don't usually purchase meals like that so I decided to tackle the recipe on my own and came up with this tonight. It was so DELICIOUS! This seriously will make the list of healthy meals at night....only 295 calories per serving!!
Parmesan and Panko Crusted TilapiaIngredients:
4- 6 oz tilapia fillets
1/2 cup egg beaters
2 tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise
1 cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or spray with some oil.
3. In shallow bowl whisk egg beaters and mayonnaise.
4. In a different shallow bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan , and spices.
5. Dip fish in egg beater mixture and then coat both sides in the panko mixture.
6. Place coated fillets on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until fish is flaky.
The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 295 calories (actually less because you won't use all the egg mixture and breadcrumbs)
Like this post?