Monday, March 15, 2010

Would You Try It?

I've decided to start a little series looking at current/upcoming trends, my subsequent opinion, and whether or not YOU will try it. Read on for further details...

Today's trends in question are taupe nail polish and chunky clogs.

Taupe Nail Polish



The latest Chanel color to create a frenzy is an almost mushroom colored nail shade called, "Particuliere." As many have been saying this is the perfect compliment to the whimsical, dreamy pale blues, pinks and neutrals that overwhelmed the spring/summer runways. So I like to take a few risks now and then and nail polish seems to be a reasonable risk to take! Not too expensive and just a little something different. So, I went for a cheaper version (no way am I paying that $22 price tag for some Chanel nail polish!!) and picked up OPI's Over the Taupe. I was really hesitant to buy it ("Am I really going to like this? I don't want this to be a waste of a purchase! Such a DIFFERENT color!"). But to my surprise I found the shade to be refreshing in that it was something completely different and out of the ordinary for me. Sometimes, I like doing that :) I actually received quite a few compliments as well and had a few people ask me if I had gotten a manicure. So all in all, I'm going to be rocking the taupe long in to summer.


Chunky Clogs



Yes, it's true, I like to try different fashion trends. Something new and different to spice up my classic look. But really? I am NOT diggin these. Honestly, perhaps if I were a very petite and short lady maybe I might want to rock these but I'm fairly tall (5'7"-ish) and these clogs are just TOO much shoe. Just too much. I love me some high heels but there's nothing about these that I find attractive. More importantly, they are just not "me."
Sorry, Karl Lagerfeld. This girl will have to pass on the clogs.

No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters