Sunday, August 15, 2010

Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos


With the hot summer weather still going full steam, I try my hardest not to use my oven. This is a great slow cooker recipe that is actually pretty healthy for you. You could spice it up with a little cayenne pepper, cumin, and garlic or just eat it as it is. I love this recipe because it's fast and easy, and of course HEALTHY!!







4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
32 ounces salsa (I usually use 2- 16 oz. jars, one hot and one medium spice)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans corn, drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
flour tortilla (optional)
sour cream (optional)
guacamole (optional)
lettuce (optional)
tomato (optional)
cheese (optional)
salsa (optional)
  1. Place first four ingredients in crock pot.
  2. Cook on low 6-8 hours. (My crockpot cooks fast, so it's usually only 4 hours for me.)
  3. 30-60 minutes prior to serving, remove chicken. Take two forks and shred the chicken. Return to crock pot.
  4. When when mixture is warm use as filling inside tortillas or as a salad topper

The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 180 Calories not including tortillas or toppings

~Beth


No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters