Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hospital Pack List

A couple of days ago I began writing a blog about what I was going to pack in the hospital bag. I found out on Friday that our baby will be coming a little sooner then we thought, 3 weeks sooner! They are actually going to induce me in a week!

I feel like our blog has been overran with baby things, and I apologize for that, but I thought it would be nice to have a list of what I would plan to take to the hospital and see if anyone has any more suggestions. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Eye Care- If you are like me and wear contacts, don't forget an extra pair, solution, and your glasses.

Personal Items- Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brushes, lip gloss, deodorant, makeup, and anything else you might need to make yourself somewhat presentable in those pre/post delivery photos.

Nightgown-
I have heard that it is nice to wear the hospital's gowns pre-baby, to prevent your nice ones from getting dirty. Post baby though, it has been suggested to bring your own so you can be a little more comfortable. I purchased this nightgown called La Leche Wendy Nursing Pajamas from diapers.com. It had really good reviews and people said they would just wear it around the hospital/house and didn't feel like it showed too much and was very functional for breast feeding.












Slippers-
These slippers are by far my most favorite shoes of all time! I purchase them from Target and I have gone through several pairs of them over the years. I am just hoping that the swelling in my feet will have gone down enough that I can fit in them.






MP3 Player- I will have my player loaded up with some of my most favorite tunes. I haven't quite decided if I am going to go for the hard rock or the folk music. I know, two TOTALLY different genres of music, but it's what I like to listen to depending on my mood.

Books/Magazines- I am going to pack my copy of What to Expect the First Year for some quick and easy reading and maybe a couple of magazines.

Camera- For all of those lovely pre-labor pics and post-labor pics. You don't want to miss all of those moments for the camera!

Snacks- This is not for me, but for my husband. I have read that many doctors won't let you eat much during the whole birthing process. I haven't actually decided what snacks to pack but I think anything is a good alternative to vending machine food.

Cell Phone/Charger- Obviously to deliver the good news!

Don't forget your purse/wallet. They will need to see your ID after all :)

Nursing Bra with some nursing pads

Undies- Can't for get the necessities and I am sure that it will be a good idea to have a few of these on hand. I have heard to go with a little larger pair for comfort reasons.

Pen & Paper- What could this be for? Well in the many of hours in the room, you and your hubby might decide you should make a list of things to do after the baby is home. Also, I was thinking it might be a nice idea to write the little person a letter to let them read when they are older.

Going home outfit for you- I figure some comfy pants, a cami, and a zip down sweatshirt should do the trick!

Going home outfit for the baby- Depending on the season, you might have to pack the whole shebang...clothes, coats, hats, socks, blankets. Pick out something cute because I have heard they take some pictures in the outfit.

Car Seat- I guess they won't let you leave the hospital without a car seat installed in the car. I am not sure if that is true, but it is probably a good idea to have it all set up and ready to go.

And for the husbands-(hint, hint!)- Don't forget the birthing gift! I am hoping for something in the color of diamonds :) You know diamonds are a girl's best friend and after the labor I will be going through, I am sure I will deserve some!

Any feedback you can give me on what else to add to my packed bag please let me know. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have!



~Beth


1 comment:

The Trans said...

Sounds like a good list.

I would definitely take magazines or something to do while you're laboring. Can't be anything that requires much brain work.. maybe people?! ;)

Snacks: highly recommend lifesavers or candy you can suck on. That way you can have some flavor in your mouth when you're not supposed to "eat".

My only other suggestion would be to get a picture of your baby with each visitor. I didn't do that & didn't keep a good log of everyone who came to see us. Would have been nice to show TJ everyone who came to see him on his birthday.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear the big news!!
Jen

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters