Friday, October 22, 2010

Almond Joy Bars

I ran across this recipe and modified it a little, but I have to say, these bars might be some of my favorite that I have ever made.

The mixture of the coconut, chocolate, and almonds really make me feel like I am eating a version of the Almond Joy candy bar. YUM!









1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
3. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.


~Beth


No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters