Monday, February 28, 2011

Do You "Top Knot" or... Not?

The top knot hairstyle has been running rampant on runways and red carpets for some time now. Initially I looked at it and thought... this bears an uncanny resemblance to the way I wear my hair when I'm washing my face. What gives? However I noticed when celebrities started wearing it they cleaned up the style and made it more palatable for the real world.
Here are a few examples of how I think it should be done:

Hillary Duff

Kristin Cavallari

Mandy Moore


Since I didn't feel like fixing my hair (another great thing about this hairstyle) I thought why not give it a try? Nathan and I had a date night planned and I figured this would be a good night for something different. I told Beth about the hairstyle and she decided to try it herself. You'll have to excuse the HORRIBLE quality of my pictures; obviously Beth is better at this part than I am!



The Verdict: I really liked this! There's just something so chic and effortless about the style. It was risky for me to pull all my bangs back and try a new look but it was a great change. Beth liked it because it's an easy, effortless way to put your hair up. If you feel like you need a little something extra to soften this look try a chunky necklace or a cute scarf paired with dangly earrings.

And if you've already been rocking the top knot for some time now why not try a center part for some variety like Whitney Port:


I love this!

So what's your opinion? Have you tried this? Are you over this? I'd love your thoughts!

~Christi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my daily hairstyle of choice at dental school :)

Greta said...

I love it -- looks really cute on both of you!!!! I am going to try it while my hair is still long.

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters