Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sophistication Sundays - Beating the Summer Shine

My sophistication muse, Audrey Hepburn
Sophistication Sundays will revolve around my favorite beauty finds, techniques, fashion trends and anything else "pretty" that catches my eye. I look forward to sharing these ideas with you and hope to hear your suggestions and feedback as well! I am no expert at beauty or fashion by any means but perhaps that will make my thoughts more relatable. Simply put, I'm just a girly-girl navigating my way through the fabulous finds I come across.
...

Well now that it's July we are in full-force humidity and heat! Nope I'm not complaining one bit (Okay... maybe the humidity is a little annoying when it comes to my hair). While Moroccan Argan Oil has been helpful when fighting this humidity there is still the fun issue of skin care. Unfortunately I am one of those people who has to deal with the annoying T-Zone. It's one of my most irritating beauty issues and it only seems to get worse during the summer. So today I'm going to share a few products that really seem to help cut down on that mid-day shine during the dog days of summer.


1. Clean and Clear Finishes:
Mattifying Cleanser and Moisturizer
I am a fan of Clean & Clear because it is always kind to my pocketbook and gets the job done. Sure I could pay more for Proactiv and Neutrogena but... I would just rather not. These latest products prove that I don't need to pay big bucks to find satisfying products.
The Cleanser

One of the first things I love about the cleanser is that it leaves my face feeling clean but not at the cost of abrasive exfoliation. The feeling and texture reminds me a bit of their Daily Pore Cleanser that I'm already fan of. It provides light exfoliation that is gentle enough for everyday use. It really seems to help cut down on the usual amount of shine and kind of reminds me of a mineral mask.

The Moisturizer

When I first looked for this in the stores I came away disappointed because I couldn't find it! I was looking for the bottle and didn't realize it came in a little box (unlike the rest of clean and clear products). Since I brought it home it has definitely become my favorite facial moisturizer. Again, it cuts down on the shine but still provides and appropriate amount of moisture. The SPF 15 is simply another added bonus when using it during the summer months. I will have to see how it works during a South Dakota winter because I have a feeling that even though it's perfect right now it may not provide enough moisture when the snow starts flying.

2. Blotting Sheets
While I've been a fan of these for awhile now I simply cannot emphasize how much I love them. They are great for a mid-day touch up and take care of shine without wiping off your make up. I was a fan of Clean & Clear's oil-absorbing sheets for awhile until I came across my new FAVORITE find: E.L.F. cosmetics (more on this later). I loved the Clean & Clear sheets but at almost $5 a pop I just had a hard time purchasing them. E.L.F. sells them for $1 a package which means I can stock up and stash them not only in my purse but my desk, car etc. What can I say, a girl likes to be prepared!

3. Translucent Setting Powder
I can't count how many times I've heard (and read) people praising the wonder that is Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. Ladies flock to this wonder dust for its ability to lengthen your makeup wear and keep the shine down. Now I have not tried this due to its oh, $35 price tag but sought out similar products in the hope of stopping shine in it's tracks. My two current favorites are once again products from E.L.F. Cosmetics.

The first product is E.L.F. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder.

After I'm finished with my daily makeup routine I simply take the sponge and apply some of this to my T-Zone. It keeps the shine down and definitely extends the life of my foundation.

Ever since I started using this loose powder I keep the compact (above) for on the go touch ups. I apply a light dusting of this to the T-Zone when I'm done with my makeup application and it leaves me a happy & non-shiny!


These are my current favorites for cutting down on shine. What are yours? Do you have any go-to products or beauty tips and tricks that might help? Please let me know below :)

Happy Hot, Steamy Summer!

~Christi

No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters