Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sophistication Sundays - Nicole by OPI "Orna-ment for Each Other"

My Sophistication Muse, Audrey Hepburn
Sophistication Sunday revolves around my favorite beauty finds, techniques, fashion trends and anything else "pretty" that catches my eye. I look forward to sharing these ideas with you and hope to hear your suggestions and feedback as well! I am no expert at beauty or fashion by any means but perhaps that will make my thoughts more relatable. Simply put, I'm just a girly-girl navigating my way through the fabulous finds I come across.
...

If you're looking for a fabulous nail polish to wear to upcoming holiday parties (or just to help you get into the Christmas spirit!) I have found THE best shade: Nicole by OPI's "Orna-ment for Each Other."



I first heard about this shade when reading through descriptions of Nicole by OPI's Holiday 2011 polish line. The colors had adorable names (as per usual) and each shade looked like it would pack a glitzy holiday punch. Orna-ment for Each Other is a vibrant red glitter sprinkled with gold micro-glitter accents. In short I feel like I have Christmas ornaments on my fingertips! You might just want to put on some Bing Crosby while you're looking at the pictures :)




As you can see from the picture the red is nice and bright while the gold provides a subtle pop to the look. It took me three coats to reach this level of opacity.









I should also mention that I haven't applied a top coat in this pictures. Once it dries the sheen wears off and it's a bit more dull than it appears initially. But this can be easily remedied as a top coat while shine it right up. Suffice to say this polish is the epitome of Christmas cheer on fingernails :)

Have you found your perfect Christmas shade?
There are a lot of beautiful lines out this year! I'm also itching to try some from China Glaze and the OPI Muppets collection.


~Christi

No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters