1 cup Chex Rice cereal
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet and place a metal cooling rack on top of it. (The key to a "crispy" chicken is to have air baking the chicken all around, including the bottom. The cooling rack will allow the heat to circulate.) Spray cooking rack with spray oil.
3. In a food processor, grind the cereal, panko crumbs, salt, peppers, and paprika. Place crumb mixture in a dish big enough to fit each chicken breast.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix the mayo, egg whites, and mustard together until somewhat smooth. (It's going to look gross.)
5. Dip each chicken breast (both sides) in the mayo mixture then into the crumb mixture until coated well.
6. Place each chicken breast on the cooling rack, not touching.
7. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken. A thermometer inserted in the thickest part chicken should be 160 degrees F.
8. Serve with some mashed potatoes and country gravy. YUMMY!!
The Skinny: Serves 4 @ 229 calories
Like this post?