Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby 2.0

I guess it's time to make it official, we are 12 weeks pregnant with our second child. YEAH!!!
This means that my two kids will be about 23 months apart. It's going to be a handful for us, but I am sure we will make it through it. Aiden has become quite the little helper as of late and I only hope this continues for him the older he gets.

You might have noticed the lack of blogging lately. Well I am just going to say it, I am TIRED! This pregnancy is so much different from my first pregnancy (see blog on the first here,) and to say it's been an easy one would be lying! This pregnancy started out with me feeling like I had mono, though I have had it once so I am pretty sure you can't get it again. I had this horrible cold that lasted for about 3 weeks. I went to bed nightly around 8pm and slept as late as Aiden would let me. I napped with him every afternoon, for about 2 hours, and still nothing seemed to make the cold and tiredness go away.

During the awful cold, I began feeling nauseated throughout the day. I am lucky that I have never actually gotten sick, but the feeling of nausea has become quite annoying. I have a break about every 3 days, I don't seem to be as sick, but on most days I find myself complaining and whining about the sickness. I tend to get super sick in the evenings and occasionally in the morning. All food really sounds gross to me, so my husband has learned if I want something for dinner, I get it. Most of the time I just choke down whatever we are having in hopes that it sticks with me through the night.

That's the other thing I have notice, I wake up in the middle of the night STARVING. This is probably due to my lack of wanting to eat during the day, but I am so tired that waking up hungry is quite annoying. Usually I scarf down a bowl of cereal around 2am.

Ok, that is enough complaining about this pregnancy. It's not been all bad. I have still been able to keep up my working out. I run about 6-8 miles a week still, not including the mileage I put on the elliptical. In fact, this last weekend I just ran my first 5k. That's me in the green hat & crazy socks and my baby belly sticking out of the bottom of my shirt.
I have been able to get a few things accomplished around the house. I finished painting a firetruck painting for Aiden's room and painting his dresser and toddler bed. I have still a huge to-do list that I would like to get accomplished before baby 2.0 gets here:

  • Finishing Aiden's 1 year album
  • Painting Aiden's room
  • Painting the firetruck mural on Aiden's wall
  • Organizing the basement
  • Planting the garden
  • Designing/Painting the Nursery

I am really excited for the last one! We find out the sex of the baby in May and I am very excited for that date! It will determine the whole scheme of the nursery!

Well, that is our big announcement. Despite all my complaining, we are super excited!! I just love watching my little guy and how big his has grown up! It makes me very happy. I can only imagine the joy I feel with two little ones running around our house!






Like this post?
Pin It

3 comments:

Princessnana said...

Congratulations! Second trimester you should be feeling better then right?

Heidi said...

I am 22 months older than Bob and he is 22 months older than Mikey. We were so close when we were tykes. Of course we also fought like crazy in those in-between years. But we are close as adults as well! I think it's great they will have each other!!!

Between3Sisters.com said...

Well I am 13 weeks along now and the nausea has seemed to lessen so much in the last few days. Let's hope this keeps up! Heidi good to know that you guys are that close together because you guys seem to get along great now. I can't wait for my kids to do that. I am sure we will many years of them fighting!

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters