Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Homemade Diaper Cream

If you can't tell, I am a busy person and blogging is really the last thing on my list of things to do. Childcare provider by day and hairstylist by night, ends up making me one busy woman! Not to mention I have two kids in elementary school and you wouldn't believe the amount of homework they have! Anyways, Beth came to visit my house this last weekend and I was sharing with her my recipe for homemade diaper cream. While running a daycare for the last 8 years, I have seen my fair share of diaper rash and it's not pretty.

I have found a few things help get rid of that nasty diaper rash.

1. Less fruit- Acidic fruit just adds to the problem.
2. Name Brand Diapers- Everyone hates to hear this, but with my experience Pampers, Huggies, and sometimes Luvs have been the best diapers at keeping moisture away from the skin, which is one of the causes of that diaper rash not clearing up. Sometimes it's worth the little extra money for less diaper rash and no leaks. 
3. Good Diaper Cream- The best brand I have found for diaper rash is Boudreaux's Butt Paste.

Until a parent of mine shared this recipe with me. I am telling you, it's a lifesaver! It works the best out of all the brands I have tried and costs way less then buying those tubes at the store. 

Here's how you make it:
Ingredients:
2 ounce Vaseline Creamy
1/2 ounce Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Antifungal Cream
1/2 ounce Bacitracin Ointment
1 ounce Maalox (no flavor)
Cornstarch

1. In a small bowl, using a fork, mix the ingredients (except for the cornstarch) together. 
2. When mixed well, slowly add in the cornstarch. Mash with a fork until a paste has been formed. 
3. Store in tight container with a lid. 

Soon you will have a happy baby (like below) without all the crying, whining, and pain that comes with that nasty diaper rash!


~Luci

2 comments:

Amelia Snelling said...

My oldest, Nathan, was allergic to EVERY diaper, Huggies, Pampers and Luvs. I special ordered Seventh Generation for a while (we lived in Rapid City and couldn't get them at a store there at the time) but then I discovered that Target brand diapers also are very awesome and they rarely leaked. I highly recommend them if you're going to go generic. :)

Between3Sisters.com said...

Thanks! I will have to try them next time I am at Target. I use to use Luvs, but he got really bad rash from those.

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters