1 cup Fiber One bran cereal, original
1 cup buttermilk or milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup flour
3 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate pieces
1. Crush cereal in plastic bag with rolling pin.
2. In medium bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, oil and cereal. Let it stand for a few minutes so cereal can soften.
3. In sifter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Sift into liquid mixture.
5. Stir in cocoa powder and chocolate pieces.
6. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until oil is hot.
7. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet and cook until puffed and full of bubble. Turn over once the first side has many bubbles. Cook until second side is done.
8. Serve dusted with powdered sugar and enjoy these chocolaty treats that add some great fiber into you diet!
Like this post?