I am not going to lie, they aren't that bad, but they are soooooo sweet! Too much sweetness for me to eat in the morning!
This morning I decided to try creating my own version of a breakfast bar, but not a too sweet breakfast bar. Since it is fall I decided to go with one of my all time favorite cooking ingredients --PUMPKIN!
The best part of this breakfast bar recipe is that there is NO SUGAR in them! I guess that might be overstated a little. There may be no added sugar but they do have some sweet things in them to make them delicious, but not too sweet like the above packaged ones. The bars get their sweetness from pure maple syrup, dried cranberries, and 70% cocoa chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bar
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
1 cup Almonds, chopped
1/2 cup Died Cranberries
4 oz. of 70% Cocoa Chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a 9"x13" inch pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth.
4. Add oats, almonds, cranberries, and chocolate to the bowl. Stir well.
5. Press pumpkin oat mixture into the 9"x13" inch pan.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. Allow the bars to cool before cutting into 2"x2" squares.
8. Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator.
The Skinny: Serves 20 @ 144 calories each!
Like this post?