Monday, May 16, 2011

Life Lessons From My Camera

For my 30th birthday, my husband bought me a new camera! I have just been drooling over all the really nice photos that other bloggers have taken. I did a bunch of research and decided to go for the DLSR Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i. Even though there are newer models of this camera I decided to purchase the older model. The price was a lot less then the newer models and honestly not much has changed. The newer models seem to have a little higher mega pixels, the display pops out to the side on the T3i (which I probably would end up breaking off), and the grip has changed. None of these things seemed to make it worth the extra cost of the new model. Also, I found that this camera has several tutorials online, which I hope to watch when I get a chance.

On a walk I took today, I visited the local Japanese Gardens, and thought it was the perfect time to try out the new camera.
I thought I would share my photos. I am still learning, but you can tell the quality of the new camera is much better. The garden was such a peaceful and relaxing place and provided me with so much inspiration. Looking back at the photos, I couldn't help but think that each of these photos really represented some of life's most important lessons. Such as....

Mistakes can be beautiful.

There is always a fresh start.

A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path.
Always stand tall, without standing on someone.

Even in dark times, the sun will find a way to make its way in.

Branch out to new things, you might not end up being the only one to grow.

Sometimes you have to look beyond your present to get to your future.

With enough time, water will wear down a rock.

No amount of thinking about building a bridge gets it done.

One person's weed is another person's flower.

Impossible situations can become possible miracles.

A life without friends isn't quite as beautiful.

Family is more than just blood.

Marry your best friend.

With new life comes new hopes, new dreams, new ambitions, and new motivations.
A mother will always think of her child before thinking of herself.

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
And most importantly, take lots of pictures! Someday you’ll be really glad you did.


~Beth

5 comments:

Steph said...

Such happy pictures!!! Nicely done =)

I just got a Nikon 3100 myself and am LOVING IT!

Thanks for sharing!

Steph (Bec's sister from Little Lucy Lu)

www.LovieLand.blogspot.com

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whit said...

I need one of these nice cameras so bad they take such amazing pictures. thanks for the review. I better start saving my moneys. I am visiting from the Fun to craft linky party. Come and say hi I love visitors and I am doing a really fun giveaway next week so come back and check it out.

A Mommy's Life....with a touch of Yellow
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love my Nikon D40. I am always re-reading my books on it and I just upgraded my Photoshop. Good Luck with your birthday present. Also, stopping by from Its a Hodgepodge Life.

Have a great weekend.
P.S. Love the ducks and geese pictures.

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters