Friday, May 20, 2011

Uncorked #10: 2009 Lindemans Bin 45 Cabernet Sauvignon

Welcome to Uncorked! Where I feature a wine that I've tried and let you know my thoughts on it. There is a little disclaimer: I am by far no wine expert --I am just going to tell my thoughts on a wine. Some wine snobs out there might turn their nose up at my opinion and that's fine with me! Wine is meant to be savored and enjoyed! I might throw out some wine terms here and there and if I do, I will make sure that I give you the definition and try to explain them to the best of my abilities. My goal is to share some tasty wine picks with the world and hopefully encourage some of you out there to try a new wine. No bottle shall be discriminated against, price is no matter (with in reason), and this is just going to be all about exploring the world of wine.

We spent a few weekends ago in Minneapolis, sort of a mini vacation, and had such a great time! Here's is our view of downtown from our hotel room

We had two great bottles of wine while in the cities. I reviewed the first bottle last week, and this was the other bottle we had while up there.



This week's wine is:
2009 Lindemans Bin 45 Cabernet Sauvignon

Description: Sorry guys, forgot to copy down the wording on the bottle
Price: $5.99 per bottle
Region: South Eastern Australia

On our drive up to the cities, my husband stopped by a small town liquor store to pick up a bottle of wine. He knows I LOVE my Cabernets, and this one was super cheap, so he thought we should give it a try. We finally got to our hotel room, put the baby to bed, ordered some pizza from Pizza Lucé, and crawled in our king sized bed to watch a movie and enjoy this wine. I don't know about you, but it's always hard for me to enjoy a glass of wine, drinking it out of those plastic cups found in hotel rooms. However, we both really liked this wine. It was nicely balanced with some full fruit flavors of cherries and currants. It was an easy to drink wine, great for a lazy night after driving all day. The only con to this wine was it sure turned our teeth purple!

Would I buy it again? Yes, but I probably won't. There was really nothing spectacular about this wine that would make me go out of my way to buy it again. It was great tasting, easy to drink, and very cheap. I just know that I love to try new wines, so the reality of me picking up this wine again is pretty slim...not to mention I hate having purple teeth!


Fun Wine Fact: Cabernet Sauvignon grows almost everywhere. In warmer regions like Australia, you'll frequently get more ripe fruit flavors upfront. Grapes are picked when higher in fruit and lower in acid, often giving a more approachable wine.


Pairs Well With: Beef, lamb, and goose. It also is a great match for brie, cheddar cheese, and dark chocolate. (Ooops, we had it with pizza!)


What is the definition of a good wine? It should start and end with a smile.
– William Sokolin



~Beth

No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters