Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sophistication Sundays - Volum' Express One by One Mascara

My sophistication muse, Audrey Hepburn
Photo Source

Sophistication Sundays will revolve around my favorite beauty finds, techniques, fashion trends and anything else "pretty" that catches my eye. I look forward to sharing these ideas with you and hope to hear your suggestions and feedback as well! I am no expert at beauty or fashion by any means but perhaps that will make my thoughts more relatable. Simply put, I'm just a girly-girl navigating my way through the fabulous finds I come across.

...

I don't know about you but one of my favorite beauty products to try out is mascara. It probably lands in second place next to my love for trying new nail polish colors.

I was intrigued by Maybelline's Volum' Express One by One and have been meaning to try it for awhile. I am already a fan of the Volum' Express mascara line and figured this new kind might become a favorite in my beauty arsenal. I figured that it would provide powerful, voluminous lashes with the added bonus of avoiding that "spider legs" look. Yes, some fashion houses are pushing this spidery look as a hot new trend (i.e. 3 coats of mascara followed by pushing lashes together in clumps with tweezers) but I am not a fan!

So here is a shot of the product:
Nice, bright packaging as usual for Maybelline mascaras.
The wand came separately and not in the tube (as is common with many mascaras now).

The head of the wand has the rubbery bristles that have been more and more common among all the cosmetic brands.


The Verdict
The first thing I noticed was the smell. It was REALLY strong! It almost made my eyes water because the smell was so potent.
The mascara applied easily and did not clump as promised. If you're looking for a good everyday mascara it's not a bad choice. However, I was thinking I would use it like I use the regular Maybelline Volum' Express: for a more dramatic nighttime look. It just didn't work that way. I'll use it for a little while but I don't plan on making it one of my "regulars."

Everyone wants something different from mascara. For example there is a cult following for Maybelline's Great Lash. To this day I have no idea why. I HATE it and it doesn't impress me. Personally, I look for a mascara that will give a dramatic impact to my lashes with lots of volume and thickness. I didn't really get that from the One By One mascara so I wouldn't buy it again. That being said, some of you may love this new product and it may give you just the look you want. To each his own!

Have you tried any mascaras lately that you LOVE or HATE? I would love to hear your feedback!

~Christi

No comments:

Like This?- Pin It!

 
Copyright 2009 between3sisters