I love Mexican food. I love everything about it. The sauce, the meat, the spices...the only problem is that it is usually so high in calories I don't eat it very often. Here is a healthier version of chicken enchiladas that are delicious! It's a great substitute for the real thing, without all the real fat!
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
1 (10.75 ounce) can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 (8 ounce) container fat free sour cream
1 cup salsa
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped shredded chicken
1 cup 2% shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 Carb Balance Tortilla
1 medium tomato, chopped
3 green onion, sliced
1. Mix soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder.
2. Mix 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese.
3. Lay out the eight tortillas and spoon chicken mixture on each. Try to make each even.
4. Spray a 9x12 inch pan with cooking spray
5. Roll up and place seam-side down in baking dish.
6. Pour remaining picante sauce mixture over enchiladas. Cover with foil.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until hot. Top with tomato and onion.
The Skinny: 267 calories for one enchilada